OfficeSpace.com - Help Page
We have tried to make your search for space as intuitive as possible, but just in case, here are the answers to our most frequently asked questions.
- I am a first time visitor, where do I start?
- Can I find retail or industrial space on your site?
- I am a new member, where do I start?
- I have previously registered but did not receive a user name and password?
- What is the fastest way to find space for lease?
- What is the fastest way to find a specific building?
- Why are some listings viewable while others require registration?
- I want to change my listing online, where do I start?
- My user name and password are not working?
- I have a listing that I want to market, how much does it cost?
- I registered to have agents contact me with spaces that match my criteria, but so far, no calls?
- I registered to have agents contact me and am receiving way too many calls?
- I do not have a membership but would like to view my listing(s)?
- Do you measure the activity my listings are receiving?
- Can I pay my OfficeSpace.com invoice via credit card?
- How do I post my featured listing flyer to Craig's List?
- How do I upload/access a pdf flyer?
1. I am a first time visitor, where do I start? If you are a first time visitor, the best way to start is by choosing your profile from our Home Page. There you will also find several video tutorials that explain how our site can benefit you. If you are a tenant on your first foray into leasing space, don't miss our FAQ's on Commercial Real Estate Leasing. For those visitors who register, My Office Space (view example) offers a customized page to streamline your search for property.
2. Can I find retail or industrial space on your site? OfficeSpace.com tracks all types of commercial space, with a primary focus on office, retail and industrial space for lease. You can find land and for sale listings as well. Currently, we track over 18,000 buildings totaling 1 billion+ square feet of space in seven metropolitian areas: Cincinnati, Columbus, Denver, Minneapolis, Portland, Seattle, and Spokane. Click here to view summary property counts.
3. I am a new member, where do I start? You can start by clicking here. If you have previously logged in, then your member page will display; otherwise a log-in page will appear. Entering your user name and password combination is a one-time event, as our server writes a cookie to your computer that is recognized each time you return. So long as your cookie is intact, there appears a link to "Members" under the officespace.com logo at the top of each page (view example). Should you lose your cookie, the link will change to "Register", in which case you need to contact us to have your password reset.
4. I have previously registered but did not receive a user name and password? Please note that registered visitors do not receive a user name and password. Rather, access is controlled by the use of a cookie that is written to your computer at the time of registration. Should you lose your cookie, you can request a new one be emailed to you on a form that appears on My Office Space when your cookie has been lost. Registration is a one-time event, and so long as your cookie is intact, there appears a link to "My Office Space" under the officespace.com logo at the top of each page (view example). Note also that if your user profile is that of a "Vendor," the link will display as "Intelligence."
5. What is the fastest way to find space for lease? The fastest way to find space is to use our Quick Search feature, which is located on the lower left of each page. With Quick Search, you can find space with just two clicks. You can choose to map results, list them, or narrow them using our Advanced Search function. With more than 20 results, you can also narrow the list by City or by Submarket.
6. What is the fastest way to find a specific building? The fastest way to find a specific building is to use the search box that is located on the upper right of each page. You can use this box to find a property by name or address, a real estate company or a specific real estate agent. When looking up a real estate company, you can link to all company agents and/or all company listings. Once you've found an agent, you can link to all of his or her listings.
7. Why are some listings viewable while others require registration? We have three primary listing types:
1. Featured Listings, which are viewable by anyone, with no registration requirements.
2. Basic Listings, which are viewable by any registered user of OfficeSpace.com.
3. Member Listings, which are viewable only by members and gold plan subscribers.
Featured Listings pay a fee to achieve additional exposure. Basic Listings are provided to those companies or agents who have services with us and/or are primarily responsible for updating their own listing information through our online editing feature. Member Listings are i) those properties whose data is collected by our research staff; ii) for sale listings added within the prior 30 days; or iii) more than 120 days old. All listings are rated using our star system, so that one can quickly determine the age of the listing.
8. I want to change my listing online, where do I start? In order to change a listing online, you must log in to our online editing feature. If you do not have a username / password combination, you can request that one be emailed to you from the log in page. You are required to log in each time you want to make online changes to your listing(s). If you are a memeber, you can edit your profile to automatically log you in.
9. My user name and password are not working? First and foremost, please make sure that you are logging into the correct feature, that being either membership or online editing. Member log-in is typically a one-time event, as our server writes a permanent cookie to your computer, while online editing requires log in for each new editing session (providing for a higher level of security). If you still are unable to log in successfully, make sure to double check for typos and then contact us for help. Once you have set membership cookie, your user name / password become disabled and you must contact us to have this reset.
10. I have a listing that I want to market, how much does it cost? A basic listing can be added to our site for free. A Featured Listing receives, on average, 5 times the number of views as does a basic lising and costs start at less than a dollar per day.
11. I registered to have agents contact me with spaces that match my criteria, but so far, no calls? Only those agents that have Featured Listings receive notification of your space need, at the time their listing is viewed. To start receiving calls, view more listings. One other item of note and that has to do with your space requirement. A 1,500 square foot office user is going to get a lot more calls than someone looking for 750 square feet for a nails salon.
12. I registered to have agents contact me and am receiving way too many calls? Our policy is to allow tenants to use our site for free in exchange for providing their space need information to our customers. Agents are supposed to call only if they have a space that matches your criteria. Please report any abuses using our feedback form. If you would like to receive no calls what-so-ever, then you can upgrade to one of our paid plans at any time.
13. I do not have a membership but would like to view my listing(s)? There are a couple of ways to do this. If you have registered, look for a link to "My Listings" on your My Office Space page. If you want to view the listings for your entire company, you can go directly to our Index of Landlords and Leasing Agents. Alternatively, you can use the search box that is located on the upper right of each page, to first find your name or your company's name, and then click the "listings" link. If you have a membership, look for a link to "My Listings" on the left side of your member page.
14. Do you measure the activity my listings are receiving? We keep track of the number of views each listing on our site receives. We also provide an ROI calculator that allows you to determine how much value is received by having your listing(s) on OfficeSpace.com. Click here to get your listing views.
15. Can I pay my OfficeSpace.com invoice via credit card? Yes. Click here to submit payments by credit card.
16. How do I post my featured listing flyer to Craig's List? Posting your featured listing flyer into a Craig's List ad is easy and can be done in less than 5 minutes. Click here to download our instruction document.
17. How do I upload/access a pdf flyer? To add a pdf flyer to your listing, log in to our online editing feature. Select the property where you have a pdf flyer to add; look for an upload link in the building info header. To access the 3,000+ pdf flyers that have been uploaded (approximately 1 out of 5 active listings has a pdf flyer), look for a link on our property maps or on the bottom of a property space detail page. If you are an agent in our database and have registered with us, you can use the search box at the top of the page by selecting "PDF Broker Flyers," where listings (with pdf flyers available) can be searched both by name and by address.
You can also contact us to speak to a live person or send us your feedback. This help guide was last updated on October 20, 2010.
Return to Top Back to previous page
|Search OfficeSpace.com only:
||Search the entire Web:|